Where the heck am I going?
2009 in Review and BHAG for 2010!
June 5, 2009 — a big day for me – new website design (not this current one) is finally launched and I do my first blog post about why I do not like FollowFriday on Twitter.
My Google Analytics prior to blogging were sad, sad, sad….and a bit embarrassing to say the least.
Now six months into it though still not super, duper impressive my Google Analytics have seen a massive improvement and I have two blog posts still showing in several of the Top 10 spots on page one of Google! (pretty darn cool considering I knew way less about SEO back then)
In late July I decided I wanted to rank higher in Google for the phrase “Social Media Virtual Assistant” – Joe Kohli with Kohli Consulting had a major role on moving my ranking from No. 28 to my now No. 6 spot in the SERP’s.
Continuing to increase website visits and conversions to clients for my Bookkeeping, Social Media and WordPress services will continue to remain in the forefront of all I do. Blogging has proven to be quite effective for that therefore it is one of the most important overall aspects of my Marketing Plan for 2010.
I have many things I want to share with my blog visitors and my intent is that each day of the week I will have a particular blog subject.
- Monday: Twitter and other Social Media related posts
- Tuesday: WordPress – though it may be that my WP articles end up on NEW WordPress Workshops website (still up in the air on that one)
- Wednesday: My Weekly Round-Ups
- Thursday: Showcase a Guest Blogger (if you are interested contact me)
- Friday: Excel and / or Bookkeeping
- Saturday: Cool software and / or applications for either Social Media purposes or Small Businesses
- Sunday: Maybe nothing, after all it is supposed to be a day of rest!
- Connect more with my Facebook and LinkedIn connections that are NOT on Twitter (5 per week)
- Submit one article per month on Article Directories
- Maintain and refine my daily Twitter activity
- Become more comfortable with self-promotion without coming across like the proverbial “used car salesman”
- Host my own monthly Social Media How-To webinars – preferably as a joint venture with someone else
- Build my blogging community while taking the time to comment more on other blogs as well as Stumble and Digg the posts that I enjoy (Goal: Minimum of 10 comments and submissions per week)
- My newsletter – meh. I’ve been getting a lot of signups but totally slacked off in November and December by not sending any out. (Goal: Third Wed of every month)
- Update my Wibiya Toolbar on my site daily with a productivity quote and / or ideas on tasks that can be outsourced to Virtual Assistants
- Outsource more of my own tasks to other Virtual Assistants
- Attend at least two local networking events per month
- Joint Venture Partnerships with other Virtual Assistants and individuals who are interested in Social Media and WordPress Websites
- Write another e-book and finish the e-course on online marketing that I set aside several months ago while I invested the majority of my learning time into SEO, backlinking, WordPress, etc.
- Sell my home, Lake Winnebago Vacation Rental by Owner property and move to Florida
- All of the above and much, much more….and I’ve promised myself and my son I will be off the computer by no later than 7 pm each evening….the Wii Fit and us have a standing daily date!
Last but not least my BHAG for my website in 2010 is to have 5,000 website visits per month and rank in the Top 3 positions for Social Media Virtual Assistant by no later than April 1, 2010.
If you’ve made it this far…..do me a favor.
My 2010 Theme is “To Help Others Achieve Their Goals”
How can I assist you in achieving the goals you have set for yourself?
- Are you interested in being a guest blogger?
- Maybe you have questions on how to be more efficient with your Social Media Strategy?
- Do you need a new WordPress site or to have your blog posts submitted to the Social Bookmarking sites?
Feel free to contact me to schedule a free 30 minute consultation.
“You can only get what you want if you help enough other people get what they want” – Zig Ziglar