I have my own little hashtag (#ExcelQueen) on Twitter for all the Excel shortcuts I share. I thought it was time to do a video with a few of them.
Under the video you will find the written version of the tips.
- Tip 1: Maneuvering to different sheets – two different options for selecting tabs in large worksheets: a) right click on the arrows in the very bottom, left corner of your Excel document – that will bring up a list of all the various tabs within the sheet. b) CTRL+Page Up will move one tab to the left and CTRL+Page Down will move one tab to the right
- Tip 2: Selecting a range: instead of scrolling down/over to select your range. Within the active cell you can hold SHIFT down while you select the area (or do SHIFT+Page Down, etc)
- Tip 3: Filling in duplicate data in large range: highlight desired range>type desired data into the active cell>Control+Enter
- Tip 4: View windows side by side: View>New Window. By default this will create a new window. If you want to see them side by side or bottom/top click “Arrange All” and select the desired viewing option.
- Tip 5: Fill cell with data directly above: CTRL+D
- Tip 6: Fill cell with data directly to the left: CTRL+R
- Teaser: Conditional formatting. My next video will show two fun and practical uses for Conditional Formatting in Excel.
Make sure you visit again for more Excel Tutorials. Pretty soon you will be an Excel Wizard…maybe I should have chosen that as my hasthtag instead of #ExcelQueen!