Use Local Online Profiles to Promote Your Business
Even though as a Virtual Assistant I am not geographically limited to who I can assist with various virtual services that I offer it’s still beneficial to have profiles set up and most of them are free.
Benefits of Creating a Local Profile for Your Business
- Local consumers can find your business more easily as often local businesses are shown at the top of the search page
- Consumers and clients can leave feedback that others can see
- Some sites allow you to include a special offer or videos on your listing
Basically at the end of the day anything, big or small, that we can do as a business to increase our exposure at little or no cost should be considered (really, it should be a no-brainer)
Not sure how to get started – here are links to just a few of the many out there:
- Google Local Business Center
- Yahoo Local
- Bing Local
- Merchant Circle
- InsiderPages (tip: after signing up search your company name, if not found, click the “add business” button at the bottom of the page)
Tip: If you are already using Google Local Business Center click here to read a new feature that has recently been released that you should certainly take advantage of.
This is also a perfect task to give to your Virtual Assistant if you find you do not have the time to set up all of these profiles.