Have you ever gulped when you’ve seen the balance on your credit card? I think we’ve all been there, especially when we’re trying to hit the minimum spend on a new travel rewards card.
Luckily, Debitize has your back! This handy tool essentially enables you to treat your credit card like a debit card and can help minimize (or totally eliminate) late fees and finance charges. Best of all, it’s free!
A brief overview of how it works once you’ve set up Debitize:
- Just use your credit cards to pay for expenses as you normally would
- Debitize tallies up your daily credit card spending and deducts this amount from the connected checking account
- Debitize pays your credit card
- Don’t have enough in your checking account? Debitize clearly displays uncovered credit card purchases, and then you determine how to handle them.
How to get started with Debitize:
- Sign up for a free account
- Connect your checking account: This is the account Debitize will deduct from
- Set your safety net amount: This is the minimum you need in your checking account to prevent any overdrafts. Debitize will not take funds if your account is below this amount. (This is shown in the video below)
Options for Uncovered Credit Card Purchases:
- Set up a recurring plan (daily, weekly, biweekly or monthly)
- Enter a one-off amount
YVA Tip: It can take up to 30 days for Debitize to make these payments to the credit card company. So if your due date is looming, it’s best if you make the payment directly and not through Debitize.
The video below shows how to set your safety net and other features that aren’t described in this post.
We hope you find Debitize to be as useful as we do! Here’s the link to sign up!